Sunday, November 2, 2014

Allatoona Team Trail / # 6 Nov. 2 2014 Pre-Derby Preparation


 Nov 2 at 11:39 PM 

 

 

I'm sitting here watching my pigs give Mississippi state heck and loving it. My Bulldogs laid down on me today and ruined my good mood. Hopefully the pigs will prevail and pick me back up.

I have a 5 hour Derby in the morning on Lake Allatoona. It is one of a 29 week winter tournament trail on my home lake. The Allatoona Team Trail is one of the most competitive Derbies I have ever participated in. Some of the men fishing this trail include All-American qualifiers, Bass Open Winners, and teams that have fished together competitively for 30 years. When you out sack them here you've earned it.

Our lake is in the middle of winter draw down and the water has drop 7 feet this past week. We also had our first major cold front blow through today dropping our temps drastically. We’re looking at a balmy 28* at blast off. The water temps were in the middle 60's last Sunday and we should see a considerable decrease in the morning. Blue Bird sky's with winds out of the north at 7-10 mph.

I will start my morning with a 6" Triton Mike Bucca "Bull Herring". My secondary choice will be a 3/8 oz. Davis Spinner bait with one white and one chartreuse willow leafs.  My third choice in my morning progression will be a Little John Square Bill in Cell Mate.  As always I'll have a 1/4 ounce Spanky's Jig in Green Pumpkin with a Green pumpkin trailer tied on to flip to lay downs and stumps and to pitch to any missed fish that swipe an miss at the swim bait or the Blade.

As been the case this past week my mind has not drifted too far away from June 17 2015. I watched several videos today centered around ledge fishing on the Tennessee River. I concentrated most of my attention on the anglers’ cadence. There were a few different ones that seemed to be dominate. Cadence is extremely important while fishing from the back of the boat. If the fish are really keyed in on a particular type and size of crank bait or jerk bait and the front of the boat is just beating the brakes off you , often times a simply adjustment in cadence will trigger bites from bass that turned down the initial offering that had just passed by.

Time to wrap it up tonight, were tied and it's getting good.

 Fish On!!

Jason

Looking for These !

No comments:

Post a Comment