Sunday, November 2, 2014

Allatoona Team Trail / #6 Derby Recap


Nov 2 at 11:40 PM 

 

 

 

The Weather channel missed the forecast by a tad. My Truck thermometer read 32* this morning.

    The morning started off well enough with us catching a limit fairly quick. The wind kept us from fishing some of our main lake stuff so we made a run to a creek that we will spend the rest of the winter in. There were tons of fish in various spots but they were all cookie cutters. A big fish bite eluded us this morning and I'm not quite sure why. Good wind in the creek. Water was very clear, 8' of visibility. Gave the "Bull Herring” an honest try. No takers. I caught several fish on the 3/8 oz. Davis Spinner bait. Really felt like I was going to get a big bite with it, but it just didn't happen for me.

  I caught fish on every technique that I used today... Alabama Rig, Square Bill, Jerk bait, Jig ... with the exception of the Swim Bait.

  The Jig out performed all other baits 3:1. Also caught our biggest fish on it. A solid 2 1/4 lber. It was odd to me that every fish I caught on the jig came in the boat spitting up shad. And oddly enough they preferred the jig dead sticked.

   

" TOW " (time on water) is essential in my preparation for the

All-American. Videos, Maps, Books are also an important part of preparation but in my humble opinion TOW is the difference maker.

 

    It took 11+ to win and I didn't hear who got the last check but I would imagine 8.5 got it. We had 7.14 lbs. which I'm certain fell somewhere in the middle. We did however put together a decent pattern the last 45 minutes that would have been very helpful three hours earlier.

Hey!!  That's fishing.

 

Fish On!

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment