Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Man, The Myth, The Legend "A Blue Collar Bio"

11/11/2014

            In typical "Big J" fashion, I have went about this thing all backwards.
  Some of you may be wondering, "Who is this cat writing all this crap?" So for those of you that might possibly care, I thought I would fill you in on...The Man, The Myth, The Legend !
    Thank you Josh Driver for the Blog title.   LOL

    My name is Jason Mullinax. I'm 43 years old, A U.S. Navy Veteran, and currently working as a Test Engineer for Aubrey Silvey Enterprises / Testing Services Group (TSG), located in Carrollton GA.
    I grew up in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains about 60 miles north of Atlanta, in a little town named Cartersville. I call Lake Allatoona my home water.

                                              Georgia Born and Georgia Bred!

     I spent 12 years of my life in south Arkansas fishing every river and lake in the state before returning back to Georgia to pursue my carrier. I have a beautiful wife named Michelle, aka Babe to all my family and friends. That's right, I defiantly out kicked my coverage on that one! Two wonderful kids, Easton (17)  and Alicia (25), and one unbelievably precious grand baby Annaleigh GracieJoe.

    I have been fishing fruit jars and pot tournaments for many years, but decided on my 40th birthday to take it to the next level and began fishing the BFL / Choo-Choo division as a Co-angler. I have competed in a total of 12 BFL derbies over the past two years with 4 top 10 finishes. I recently finished in 2nd place in the BFL Regional Wild Card held on Kentucky Lake to secure my seat in the 2015 BFL Chevy All-American Championship to be held on..... You guessed it, Kentucky Lake in June.

    I have absolutely "ZERO" sponsorships or affiliations with any fishing related companies, or any other company for that matter. What I do have is a Lovely wife and a loving family, and a host of dear friends. i.e.  Kevin Bearden ( my team derby partner who says I never mention him), That believe in, and support me while I chase this dream.

   It is my hope that you will follow along and root for this 1 in a Million long shot as I document the next 8 months leading up to the Derby of a lifetime. With GOD'S grace and safe keeping, I will try my absolute best to represent our Heavenly Father, my family and friends, and the Great State of Georgia to the best of my abilities this coming June.

   Please understand that I am not KVD or  Greg Hackney, or a great scribe as is Don "DB" Barone (my favorite). I'm simply your run of the mill, hard working, "Blue Collar" man, who loves the LORD, loves his family and friends, and loves to fish.

    Come On with me as I Chase the Dream!

    Fish On !
Jason

Annaleigh GracieJoe


  

1 comment:

  1. Awesome writing Jason. Keep it up, I really enjoyed

    Chris Mathis

    ReplyDelete